GTA 5 PC preorders now come with a free Rockstar game

GTA V Screenshot_095

Grand Theft Auto 5‘s PC release has recently been pushed back to March 24th. The game’s developer, Rockstar, wants to apologize for this in the best way possible – freebies.

Those of you who have already preordered the game at Rockstar Warehouse, or preorder by February 1st, will receive free in-game money – $500K in the story mode, and $300K GTA Online. That’s on top of the original preorder bonus of $500,000 for the story mode, and $500,000 for GTA Online.

On top of that, you’ll also be able to choose a free game from the following list:

  • Max Payne 3
  • L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition
  • Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City
  • Grand Theft Auto 4
  • Bully: Scholarship Edition
  • Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
  • Manhunt
  • Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
  • Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
  • Midnight Club 2
  • Grand Theft Auto 3

Some of these games you’re likely to already have, but in my opinion this is a pretty good list of free games. There will be something there to play unless you really like to abuse the Steam Sale… In order to het the code for your free game, you’ll have to pay a non-refundable 15% deposit towards GTA 5. You’ll get the code immediately, but the remaining 85% of the price of GTA 5 won’t be charged until the game is released in March.

A lot of game releases get pushed back these days, and a lot of developers give you nothing as a result. Rockstar didn’t have to give away free games, but it’s certainly a nice gesture which goes a long way with gamers. Personally, I think this may be a good opportunity to pick up a free copy of Max Payne 3.

Dale reviewed Grand Theft Auto 5 upon its initial release in 2013, awarding it 9/10. “Rockstar has succeeded in throwing down the gauntlet to competitors who seemed to be close to usurping the series’ crown as the benchmark for the genre, and proven themselves to be the undisputed kings of open-world gaming,” he wrote in his Grand Theft Auto 5 Review. The recent current-gen re-release, and impending PC release, upgrades the game’s graphics, adds in an optional first-person perspective, and includes a few new surprises to seek out – such as a plant that allows you to transform into a variety of animals, including a seagull (who, naturally, can poop on unsuspecting pedestrians). The long-awaited online Heists are also due sometime early this year. You can check out Rockstar’s latest trailer for those below.

Nic Bunce

Nic Bunce

Editor
A South African born, London raised Brit living in London. Studied Microbiology at the University of Leicester, and taught English in Japan. Jack of all trades and Master of the Universe...
Nic Bunce

Latest posts by Nic Bunce (see all)

Written By
Developer
Publisher
Genre ,
Available On , , , ,
 

Related posts

Top