Grand Theft Auto V may get a first person mode in its upcoming release on PS4, Xbox One, and Windows PC that includes details of being in first person both on foot and inside a vehicle. While inside a vehicle in first person you can see the interior with speedometers and the dashboard all visible.
That’s according to Polygon, who say that details of the update were allegedly posted on the game’s official website, before being taken down shortly after. Supposedly, the update remained visible in Google’s cache – though that, too, appears to have been since removed.
The full list of all of the updates Rockstar has listed for the release of GTA V on next gen consoles and PC can be found below. Remember, this isn’t officially confirmed – so take it with a pinch of salt.
- Increased draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic, and enhanced resolutions all work together to bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North’s epic reimagining of Southern California.
- All new content and gameplay created since the launch of Grand Theft Auto Online, including an extensive array of new Jobs, an arsenal of new weapons, scores of new vehicles, new properties and player customizations will also be available for the PlayStation 4 system, Xbox One and PC with much more to come. In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC.
- Grand Theft Auto V for PC will also feature a video editor designed for advanced movie-making.
- A brand new first person mode for vehicles that shows the interior of the vehicle, including working speedometers, tachometers, dash lights, and more
- A brand new first person mode while on foot
- A wealth of new easter eggs and random events for Story Mode
- New animals roaming Los Santos
- Animals in GTA Online?
- Players that transfer characters from Xbox 360 or PS3 will receive free new weapons and a free garage in GTA Online.
- Newly overhauled character selection scree
Dale thoroughly enjoyed his time with Rockstar’s last big outing, scoring it 9/10 and calling it “a triumph”. Find out why in his review. Are you looking forward to the game’s release? What do you think of this update, if it turns out to be true? Let us know in the comments.