Today Tecmo Koei announced that Atelier Rorona Plus: The Alchemist of Arland, the remake of the first entry into the Atelier Arland Trilogy, will be released across Europe on June 20. The PlayStation 3 will see both a physical and retail release whereas the PS Vita will only see a digital release.
The Arland trilogy (Atelier Meruru, Atelier Totori and Atelier Rorona) were all originally released for the PlayStation 3 during 2009-2011 and featured deformed character designs. The “Plus” versions of these games are remakes featuring anatomically correct characters and a slew of new content. These new additions include:
- The aforementioned new character models
- New field models/scenery
- New chapters featuring the characters Totori and Meruru
- Addition Content including: playable characters, maps, bosses, costumes and more
- Improved Synthesis System
- New Assignment System
- Expanding Item Crafting
- New battle system featuring “advanced battle features” and cross-character Skill Execution
- Time Capsule: Bury items in this game and pick them up in the PS Vita versions of Atelier Meruru Plus/Totori Plus
- 30 different endings
- Cross Save/Share Data between the PS3/Vita versions of the game
Those that really can’t wait to get into Atelier’s unique blend of relaxed item collection-oriented role-playing should check out Atelier Escha and Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky for the PlayStation 3. In the meantime here are some screens to whet your appetite.