The next patch for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – 1.04 on consoles and 1.05 on PC – will fix the small text for books and item descriptions in the menus, CD Projekt RED has confirmed.
In a post on the official forums, Community Manager Marcin Mormot has given a partial list of the various tweaks and fixes that players can expect when the patch goes live at some point in the near future.
As well as the fix for the small text – which will be a blessing for the many players, myself included, who find it difficult to comfortably read from your sofa, even on a 50” display – the patch will prevent Geralt from extinguishing candles if there is a lootable object nearby and also improve framerates in the game’s many cutscenes. In addition, a save glitch and a number of quest bugs will be sorted out.
Here’s the list of changes so far (note that this is likely to change before release):
- Geralt will not longer interact with candles near chests and other interactive elements.
- General stability and performance improvements.
- Significantly Enlarged GUI and HUD elements (including fonts) on consoles and slightly on PC.
- Improved camera smoothness.
- Performance improvements during some cutscenes.
- Fixed case where game was crashing on loading a save in certain situations.
- Various bug fixes and user experience improvements in GUI panels.
- Fixed issue where some players were unable to run after Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Fixed issue where players were unable to talk to Eight after the Lord of Undvik quest.
- Too many wild hunt minions were spawned during Ciri’s Story: Fleeing the Bog quest.
- Fixed issue where Keira could sometimes fall under terrain during Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to move freely during Blindingly Obvious quest.
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to activate portal during Wandering in the Dark quest.
- Fixed issue where Player could get trapped in Turseach castle ruins.
- Fixed issue where Roche was not present at Hanged Man’s tree during Eye for an Eye quest.
- Fixed issue where Player was unable to talk or interact with certain NPCs.
- Fixed issue where Sirens in quest Lord of Undvik could be invulnerable.
- Fixed issue where player was unable to use certain actions after Carnal Sins quest.
- Fixed issue where Geralt was sometimes unable to mount Roach.
- Fixed issue where some players where experiencing infinite loading screen during King’s Gambit quest.
- Fixed issue where Simun was not properly spawned in An Unpaid Debt quest.
- Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven’s Treasure quest.
- The Pyres of Novigrad quest is of course going to be fixed as well as the XP glitch.
In other news, this week’s batch of free DLC is a set of Nilfgaardian armor and an Elite crossbow, though we don’t know the stats of these yet. It’s possible that by the time they arrive, you may have already outgrown them.
Keep an eye out for our full review, which will hopefully be with you sometime this week. In the meantime, why not check out our pre-review impressions?