“I’ve got no strings to hold me down, to make me fret, or make me frown… I had strings, but now I’m free, there are no strings on me…”
Time to make sure Ultron isn’t singing this as he hacks your computer, because he’s now in Marvel Heroes 2015.
In the wake of Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron (which is fantastic by the way), Gazillion Entertainment has announced a new content release for Marvel Heroes 2015 – the biggest update to the game since 2013.
The highlight is that players can now experience the entire game for free as any one of the core Avengers – so that would be Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye. New content for the game also includes character additions and revamps, movie costumes, new gameplay inspired by the film and more.
“Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron inspired content – ‘nuff said,” said David Brevik, CEO of Gazillion and co-creator of the classic action-RPGs Diablo and Diablo II. “Overall, this huge release epitomizes just how dedicated this team is to creating plentiful, regular content that’s not only substantial, but also relevant to the times – this dedication is a big reason our Metacritic score skyrocketed from 58 to 81 in one year.”
Some of the new content is available now, while more stuff will be added throughout the movie’s launch window. Among the additions are:
- Play All Game Content as Six Core Avengers characters: Play the entirety of the game as Iron Man (his first time as playable for free), Captain America, Thor, The Hulk, Black Widow and Hawkeye.
- The Vision joins the Avengers: Vision joins as Marvel Heroes 2015’s 47th playable character.
- Nine Movie-Inspired Costumes: Captain America, Iron Man Mk 43, Iron Man Hulkbuster, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Vision and Scarlet Witch.
- Avengers: Age of Ultron Game Mode: Designed for advanced players. Team up in groups to defend the citizens of New York from waves of Ultron Sentries attacking Central Park, then take on Ultron himself at the ruins of the Avengers Mansion.
- Random Events: Ultron Sentries appear throughout normal game modes, allowing players of all skill levels to experience action inspired by Avengers: Age of Ultron at any point during gameplay.
- Quicksilver Team-Up: Quicksilver fights alongside you, taking out enemies with his blazing speed via a newly revamped Team-Up system.
- Scarlet Witch Full Design Review: Many of her powers and mechanics have been redesigned, including new movie-inspired abilities and the addition of an extra-devastating Ultimate Power.
- Hawkeye/Black Widow Mini-Design Reviews: Hawkeye receives his 9-shot rapid fire speed loader thanks to his new quiver, and Black Widow gains new stun batons.
Check out the trailer for Marvel Heroes 2015 below.