There is something magical in savings. The word “save” has an innate sense of warmth, comfort, and meaning. Doubly so in games, where “save” means a great deal for data preservation, but also is analogous with progress and a nebulous sense of safety. A game saved is a game that is distinctly less at-risk. So, looking across a sea of savings, it can be hard not to also equate that with all the right warm fuzzies.
Anyway, philosophical meanderings aside, here’s the best gaming deals currently about:
This week’s Staff Picks from gog.com include a number of roguelikes, found here.
- Neo Scavenger ($9.99)
- Tales of Maj’eyal ($1.74)
- Tales of Maj-eyal: Ashes of Urh’rok ($0.99)
- Ascendant ($2.99)
- Tower of Guns ($3.74)
- Rogue Legacy ($4.99)
Humble Bundle also offers Roguelikes in their Weekly Bundle, though for a very limited amount of time remaining. At time of writing, 19 hours remain with an average of $4.94.
- Vertical Drop Heroes HD
- A Wizard’s Lizard
- The Nightmare Cooperative
- Road Not Taken (Above the average)
- Delver – early access (Above the average)
- Heavy Bullets ($8 or higher)
The Humble PC & Android Bundle 12 is also available. At time of writing, 5 days and 19 hours remain, at an average of $5.29.
- Tetrobot and Co.
- Titan Attacks!
- The Inner World
- Costume Quest (Above the average)
- Ironclad Tactics – deluxe edition (Above the average)
- Eufloria HD (Above the average)
- Solar Flux (Above the average)
- Toast Time (Above the average)
- Shadowrun Returns (Above $10)
Steam’s Midweek Madness deals are lackluster compared to last week’s, although both interesting games.
Indie Royale’s current showings include three bundles.
- The Mixer 16 Bundle (10 games for $3.08)
- The Mixer 17 Bundle (10 games for $2.49)
- The Venetian Bundle (6 games for $2.69)
Indie Gala is returning with three familiar bundles: Big Time, Hump Day, and Friday bundles, and two new bundles.
- Big Time Bundle (8 games granted $4.89 or higher)
- Hump Day Bundle (12 games granted $4.29 or higher)
- Friday Bundle (12 games granted $3.99 or higher)
- Monday Bundle (8 games granted $2.99 or higher)
- Spring Rush Bundle (9 games granted $4.89 or higher)
Bundle Stars showing with 10 bundles this week, including two that were not featured last week: Zen and All Stars bundles.
- Blaze of Glory (5 games for $3.49)
- Reboot 3.0 (6 games for $2.99)
- Reboot 7.0 (6 games for $2.99)
- Hacker Bundle (Game + all DLC for $2.99)
- Reboot 4.0 (6 games for $2.99)
- Reboot 2.0 (6 games for $2.99)
- RPG Champions (6 games for $4.99)
- F.E.A.R. (3 games + DLC for $7.99)
- Zen Bundle (10 games for $2.49)
- All Stars (8 games for $1.99)
Nintendo’s on-going Mario vs Donkey Kong Tipping Stars cross-buy deal remains this week, in addition to a number of sales, including a sale on various Phoenix Wright titles. Full offers can be found, as always, on their Offers page.
Xbox’s showing this week include a number of Spotlights, including Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare (Xbox One), South Park-based Pinball FX2 tables (Xbox One), and multiple 2K Games titles (Xbox 360). Included in 2K’s titles are XCOM: Enemy Unknown and Enemy Within for $9.99 each.
That’s all for this week. As always, let us know in the comments if you found anything amiss, felt we missed a worthy deal, or just to tell us that we’re excellent.