The developer states “Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits”. They have also fixed the issue of two separate swords spawning simultaneously.
The reward structure has also been tweaked by Bungie – “The existing Pit treasure chest reward moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger… She has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials… the Pit treasure chest will now contain Radiant Materials.”
These updates are due in the next few days. Bungie also mentions the return of the Iron Banner event, sscheduled to run between Jan 13 – Jan 19 with updated rewards.
There’s still been no mention of a Hard Mode for Crota’s End, however this is expected some time in the next few weeks. Bungie’s blog did give this statement “We’re going through the final few stages of deployment. It’s almost ready. As soon as we have a concrete date to share, we’ll set it in stone.”
Here’s the full list of changes:
- The existing Pit treasure chest reward moved to killing Ir Yut, the Deathsinger. She has a chance to drop Exotic weapons and armor, class pieces, and Radiant materials.
- The Pit treasure chest will now contain Radiant Materials.
- Removed the physics impulse caused by exploding lanterns.
- Players will now be required to cross the bridge in order to complete the bridge encounter.
- Players will now be required to wait for the bridge to be completed prior to crossing with the sword.
- Fixed a rare case where the Shriekers would not spawn, preventing players from reaching the Deathsinger.
- Two Swordbearers will no longer spawn at the same time at the outset of the encounter.
- Crota will now recover from his kneeling state after a player quits.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to remove the “Presence of Crota” using a Radiance Warlock’s Fireborn ability.
- Fixed a bug that made the Oversoul appear destroyed to some players in a Fireteam when it was actually still active.
- Exotic weapon drops in the Vault of Glass are now Level 32.
The Raid crew wasn’t the only team readying tweaks heading into and out of the holiday season. Our Crucible designers have a few things in the works to add some spice to the early goings of 2015.
- Asylum, The Anomaly, and The Burning Shrine maps will be added to existing Clash and Control playlist rotation.
- Iron Banner will return, with updated rewards, running from January 13th through January 19th.
Kyle Barrows reviewed Destiny for Continue Play, and while he was impressed with the amount of visual polish on show, he was less enthused about it’s content. “Bungie built an amazing and unique universe for us to explore, but filled it with the most uninspired and standard content possible,” he wrote in his Destiny review.