343 Industries has released another major patch for Halo: the Master Chief Collection on Xbox One, in the hope of improving long matchmaking times, success rates and general stability. The update is said to also improve parties, custom games, achievements and team balance.
The Master Chief Collection had a bit of a rocky launch back in November and 343 Industries has been busy releasing patch after patch in order to fix the various issues with the game’s online multiplayer. So far, it’s worked – but some players are still reporting some problems. Hopefully this latest patch will be the one that gets it right.
Microsoft has said that they will continue to work on future content updates for The Master Chief Collection which should “address further issues.” 343 Industries’ work to fix The Master Chief Collection is also impacting another game’s release, as the developer recently announced that Halo: Spartan Strike will be delayed to 2015.
Not being delayed though is the much anticipated Halo 5: Guardians beta, which is still scheduled to start on December 29 – just before the New Year.
The full patch notes can be seen below, as laid out by 343.
MATCHMAKING & PARTIES
- Made improvements to matchmaking team balance
- Made an update to improve matchmaking search times and success rates, specifically expediting the “Players Found” and “Connecting Session” search phases
- Made improvements to prevent a player’s rank from resetting unexpectedly
- Made an update to resolve an issue that allowed players to be placed into an incorrect lobby after a matchmaking game
- Made improvements to prevent the party from being disbanded upon returning to lobby
- Made an update to ensure that players are sorted by team in the “Match Found” screen
- Resolved an issue where Team Slayer matches in Halo 3 could separate players onto individual teams
- Resolved an issue where players could be placed into a group of 7 players and unable to find more
- Made improvements to ensure that the party-leader is prompted to “Bring Party” when leaving a lobby
- Made an update to ensure that split-screen players cannot be divided onto different teams
- Made improvements to ensure that clients are not kicked from parties at the end of matchmaking games with a “failed to connect” error
- Made an update to ensure that Halo 2: Anniversary matches do not continue indefinitely after entire opposing team quits
- Made an update to ensure that parties are not separated when the party leader navigates through multiple titles
- Made improvements to prevent manual team selection from getting reset after a Custom Game match
- Made an update to ensure that the “Make Party Leader” command functions correctly
- Made an update to ensure that the “Too Close to the Sun” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met
- Made an update to ensure that the “Monopolized” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met
- Made an update to ensure that the “Devastating” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met
- Made an update to ensure that the “You’re Joking” achievement unlocks when prerequisites are met
- Made improvements to Halo 2: Anniversary objective pickup, specifically in regards to objective “juggling”
- Made an update to Halo 3’s movement input, specifically to resolve a deadzone issue which affected moving in a straight line
- Made additional improvements to Halo: CE fall damage scenarios
- Made an update to resolve a Halo 2 Classic campaign issue where a black screen could overlay the gameplay screen
Made a variety of stability improvements across the following areas:
- Custom Games
- Halo 4 Campaign
- Made an update to ensure that clan tags appear in the post-game carnage report for all players
- Made an update to ensure that players are sorted by team in the post-game carnage report
- Made an update to ensure that emblems are displayed correctly in the post-game carnage report