Want to know how to create custom backgrounds on Xbox One next month? Major Nelson has you covered.
The November update brings a number of new features to the table, such as tweeting game clips, sharing your location and bio, more ways to watch live tv, and others. But one of the most anticipated (and requested) features is the ability to change the background on your Xbox to whatever you want via the Xbox Media Player – including images from any achievements you’ve unlocked.
Here’s how it works:
- Connect a USB to console / Connect a source through DLNA
- Launch Media Player (either directly or through Settings>My Xbox > My background > Custom image)
- Navigate to source of your choosing (USB/DLNA)
- Navigate to folder/file of your choosing
- Select the jpg/png image – see it full screen.
- Once you are viewing the image full screen, hit the menu button.
- Select “Set as background”
- You will be sent back to the full screen view of the image. Hit nexus, see the image on Home
And that’s it! Pretty straightforward really.
Stuck for ideas? Here’s a few: