The first installment of downloadable content for FPS/RPG hybrid Borderlands 2 has been announced.
As reported by Associated Press, Borderlands 2 is to get a new DLC entitled Captain Scarlett And Her Pirate’s Booty. The announcement follows references to the DLC being discovered on the PS3 version of Borderlands 2, via some additional trophies that were added. Below is a breakdown of all the information we currently know concerning the new DLC:
- The new DLC focusses on the eponymous Captain Scarlett, a pirate queen
- A new area called ‘Oasis’ is being added
- The area is mostly desert; there is no actual ‘oasis’
- Players will receive a sand skiff vehicle (similar to those seen in Star Wars)
- Players will fight a host of new enemies including sand worms
- There will be a new currency called ‘Seraph Crystals’
- This is one of four DLC instalments planned for the coming year and is expected to cost $9.99 (around £7), or a season pass for the DLC can be bought for $29.99
We’re calling it now: the discovery of a huge aquifer will be involved in the story.
Captain Scarlett And Her Pirate’s Booty launches next week, Tuesday, 16th October.